There are very few pictures of me, but here, have a corporate one.
Hello, I'm Clément!
Hello, my name is Clément Gillard, and I am a junior systems engineer.
I tend to specialise in optimisation, code safety, and critical software.
I am very knowledgeable about undefined behaviour and safe coding practices.
Current employment status: employed, not looking for another position.
You can still check out my resume!
Or continue reading this web page, which is less constrained.
I graduated from EPITA in 2019 with a French engineering degree (equivalent to a Master of Science in Engineering).
I majored in two subjects, giving me a wide range of topics I studied:
- Computer Engineering, Real Time and Embedded Systems (GISTRE): processor architectures, bootloaders, contract programming;
- Academic Research, Research and Development (RDI): complexity theory, data analysis, critical scientific reading and reporting;
and all the common courses of EPITA: law, management, electronics, physics, mathematical analysis, and of course, programming.
I was also a research student at EPITA's Research and Development Laboratory (LRDE), where I worked mainly on optimising ω-automata processing algorithms. I had to do regular reports and presentations, mimicking actual academic research publication processes; they are available here.
Places I have worked for:
What I can do
I am a native French speaker, and am fluent in English.
I want to work with:
- modern C++ (11 and up)
- Python 3
I can work with:
- x86 assembly
- POSIX shell script
Things I know a lot about:
- compilers' inner workings
- operating systems' inner workings
- processors' inner workings
- POSIX environments
- GNU and LLVM binary toolchains
- code quality and code safety
Things I am more knowledgeable about than my average peer:
- GNU Make
- undefined behaviour
- formal verification
- text encodings (Unicode, emoji, ...)
- quantum computing
Do I seem like a good fit for your company? You can email me at the following address: clement @ this domain, or any other contact info you will find in my resume.